The cathedral St. Vincent de Paul is located in Place de l’indépendance at the heart of avenue Habib Bourguiba, not far from the City Theater, and facing the French Embassy.
The Roman Catholic is dedicated to St Vincent de Paul, the patron of charity, and is the episcopal see of the Archdiocese of Tunis.
The church, designed by L. Bonnet-Labranche, was built following a mixture of styles, including Moorish revival, Gothic revival, and Neo-Byzantine architectural traditions. The construction of the church was completed in 1897, however, the bell towers were not added until 1910 due to a shortage of funds.
The cathedral has a decorative yellow-and-white tile facade, a wrought-iron gate and marble columns that provide passage to a covered entryway.